[vtkusers] How do I turn off translation of vtkSplineWidget

delicasso at netscape.net delicasso at netscape.net
Fri Mar 30 14:10:37 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I'd like to turn off the translation feature on vtkSplineWidget.  This widget allow you to place a spline on a 2d surface and access either individual points on the line to change it's shape, or move the whole thing. I want the former but not the latter feature, since in my segmentation application our starting point is usually extremely close and we just want to adjust some of the finer points on the contour.

Any ideas on this?

I'm working in Python.
I tried subclassing and accessing the protected member, LineActor and changing the dragable (SetDragable()) property, but I received an error message:
AttributeError: LineActor
I believe this is supported in C++, but perhaps the C++ to Python translation does not support this feature.
So no help there.

Also tried to overwrite the Translate() function, but the code did not execute my Translate function when I clicked on the line.

None of the other public functions seem to allow the fine grained access to modify this functionality for this object.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Regards, David