[vtkusers] Problem with vtkLookupTable

Hikaruchan Sandra.Schroetter.fl at ait.ac.at
Fri Mar 30 12:23:44 EDT 2012

Hi everyone!

I have a little Problem with my vtkLookupTable, and I don't know why. I have
a Lookuptable with 256 colors, but after rendering my actor it seems that
the image which is rendered to the screen and was mapped through the
lookuptable only something about eight colors (it only looks like that). And
I don't get it, where I make my mistake. Hope you can help me or give me a
hint.

I have attached two images. The first one (HowItIsNow.jpg), shows the actual
result. You can see that it seems, that there are not 256 colors.

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5607138/HowItIsNow.jpg

The second one (HowIWouldLikeIt.jpg) shows the result, which I want to have.
The two images are based on the same data, the second is a result in MATLAB
the first in VTK. Maybe you can give me a hint how to get the image in VTK
like the second image shown (done in Matlab).

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/file/n5607138/HowIWouldLikeIt.jpg

My Pipeline is as follows:

vtkImageData -> filled via frequencyDataIma->GetScalarPointer() with
unsigned char
vtkLookupTable -> 256 colors
vtkResample -> for resizing the image (make it bigger)
vtkImageMapToColors -> the lookuptable is applied to it and the
resample->Output() is the Input for it
vtkImageMapper -> Input is the Output of the vtkImageMapToColors
vtkActor2D -> input is the mapper

Greets

Sandra