[vtkusers] vtk-developers Digest, Vol 95, Issue 58

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:34:48 EDT 2012

Marcus,
   This is a good way forward.

With respect to updating the books, I agree with you in that we
should update the next editions of the books to focus primarily on the C++
API, and Python as the preferred wrapped language.
I am happy to help converting the C++ examples in the book to the newer
version of VTK. I have had a quick look and the conversion is pretty
straightforward and I have already completed Cone and Cone2. I will
probably finish the rest in a few hours.
   I will be also  glad to help with the conversion of TCL to Python.

If you guys (Kitware) set up a repository with the original code and
datasets then I can start putting them up. At least then we will have a
good working base.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean