[vtkusers] Writing a file

Darshan Pai darshanpai at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:39:37 EDT 2012

This version of vtk was the nightly build from yesterday . The following
code was working before without problems .

char *buffer;
buffer = _getcwd(NULL,0);
QString path(buffer);
QString filename = QFileDialog::getOpenFileName(this,"LoadVTk Files",path,
"Txt (*.vtk)");
    vtkPolyDataReader *slcreader = vtkPolyDataReader::New();
       slcreader->SetFileName(filename.toStdString().c_str());

   std::string wq = "image.stl";
  // wq.replace(wq.size()-3,3,"stl");
  // cout << wq << endl;

   vtkSTLWriter *stlwriter = vtkSTLWriter::New();
   stlwriter->SetFileName(wq.c_str());
   stlwriter->SetInputConnection(slcreader->GetOutputPort());
   stlwriter->Update();

That is all i have in the app . I changed the stlwriter->SetInput to
stlwriter->SetInputConnection() because the former function does not link .