[vtkusers] Rotating an Image in a 3D view

Fabian Torres dae.wong at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 14:33:37 EDT 2012

Hi.

I`m trying to display some images in a 3D view in VTK. I have calculated
the transformation to display the images in the correct place.

I`m using vtkTransform and vtkImageActor to display the images

vtkSmartPointer<vtkTransform> transform
                =
this->computeTransformation(volumeDataRotations.get_row(i),
volumeDataTranslations.get_row(i), volumeDataCalibration);

actor->SetUserTransform(transform);
actor->SetScale(volumeDataCalibration[6],volumeDataCalibration[7],1);

renderer->AddActor(volumeImageActorStack.at(i));
renwin->AddRenderer(renderer);
renwin->Render();

This displays the image in the correct position, but when I try to get the
position of the actor

actor->GetPosition();

in the scene I get (0,0,0)

--
Fabián Torres Robles
Maestria en Ciencias en Ingeniería Electrónica
e-mail fabian.trobles at gmail.com, dae.wong at gmail.com