[vtkusers] orienting programmable glyphs

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Wed Mar 28 07:35:39 EDT 2012

See:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Python/Visualization/ProgGlyph
for starters.

Then modify the Glyph() function to orient it. Overall what you need
to do there is get the vector for that specific point from the input's
point data, and then use that vector as the basis for the
transformation of the source geometry. I recommend you use a transform
filter to do the transforming.

See the implementation of the vtkGenericGlyph3DFilter for specifics.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive