[vtkusers] Help writing a filter..

Ricardo Villegas ricvilleg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 22:33:15 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm writing a filter that receives an input polydata and produces its
respective output polydata. However, the filter relies in recovering the
output's point geometry every time the RequestData is invoked after the
first time, in a similiar way vtkPolyDataSilhouette filter does, for
changing the output points' coordinates.

I noticed that after first time, every time the filter's RequestData is
called the output data is lost or missing, so I can't call i.e.
output->GetPoints( ), because the list of points is empty.

Is there a way I can preserve the output data the filter generates so I can
directly access and manipulate it in consecutive RequestData calls?

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo