[vtkusers] How to cut a hole in polydata?!

Fabian fabian-richter at gmx.de
Thu Mar 22 09:02:02 EDT 2012

Hello Alan,

thanks! That solved one problem.
Now I am confrontated with another one. Depending on the setting whether
   Clipper  ->   InsideOutOn();    or
   Clipper  ->   InsideOutOff();

I can see the whole polydata without a hole in it (as I didnt perfom any
operation on it) or nothing, as all of the polydata was clipped away.

Maybe I should give a more detailed description of my initial problem:
I have a rectangular surface, definded by 4 points and 2 cells. (Output from
a linear extrusion of a line). In this simple surface i want to cut a shaped
hole (lets say its round).

Can vtkClipPolyData "reorganize" my Polydataobject and add points and
redefine cells? Or does ist just clip away the cells that are "touched" by
the contour of the implicit function (sphere)?  This would explain why I see
either everything or nothing; because I have just 2 cells with both of them
beeing intersected by the sphere.

THANKS A LOT!
Fabian