[vtkusers] Regarding VTK thread - VTK text does not display in release mode - VS 2008

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 08:56:22 EDT 2012

> I am not compiling the
> project using cmake, so I can't take your second option: "Or do not use the
> INSTALL target of vtk instead when you
> configure your own application using CMake set VTK_DIR to the folder
> containing vtk.sln."

I assumed you were using CMake for your project as well. Even with
Visual Studio (which is what I primarily develop on) it is much harder
to setup the includes and linking when you do not use CMake for your
project. Although you may be able to get around this by creating a
scaled down project similar to what you are doing and use CMake with
the scaled down project. Then copy the compiler and linker settings
from this project to your project.

John