[vtkusers] Delaunay3D giving errors

Lisa Dean lisadean.leo at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 06:00:04 EDT 2012

Hi List Users,

I am new to VTK and I've been trying to build some of the examples. When I
tried to build Delaunay3D.cxx, I got the following errors. What do they
mean? How can I remove them?

1>Delaunay3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public:
__thiscallvtkSmartPointerBase::~vtkSmartPointerBase(void)"
(__imp_??1vtkSmartPointerBase@@QAE at XZ) referenced in function "public:
__thiscallvtkSmartPointer<class
vtkXMLPolyDataReader>::~vtkSmartPointer<class vtkXMLPolyDataReader>(void)"
(??1?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkXMLPolyDataReader@@@@QAE at XZ)

1>Delaunay3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkXMLPolyDataReader *
__cdeclvtkXMLPolyDataReader::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkXMLPolyDataReader
@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public: static class
vtkSmartPointer<class vtkXMLPolyDataReader> __cdeclvtkSmartPointer<class
vtkXMLPolyDataReader>::New(void)" (?New@
?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkXMLPolyDataReader@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)

1>Delaunay3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkCleanPolyData *
__cdeclvtkCleanPolyData::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkCleanPolyData@@SAPAV1 at XZ)
referenced in function "public: static class vtkSmartPointer<class
vtkCleanPolyData> __cdeclvtkSmartPointer<class
vtkCleanPolyData>::New(void)" (?New@?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkCleanPolyData
@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)

1>Delaunay3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkDelaunay3D * __cdecl
vtkDelaunay3D::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkDelaunay3D@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced
in function "public: static class vtkSmartPointer<class vtkDelaunay3D>
__cdeclvtkSmartPointer<class vtkDelaunay3D>::New(void)" (?New@
?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkDelaunay3D@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)

1>Delaunay3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) public: static class vtkXMLDataSetWriter *
__cdeclvtkXMLDataSetWriter::New(void)" (__imp_?New at vtkXMLDataSetWriter
@@SAPAV1 at XZ) referenced in function "public: static class
vtkSmartPointer<class vtkXMLDataSetWriter> __cdeclvtkSmartPointer<class
vtkXMLDataSetWriter>::New(void)" (?New@
?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkXMLDataSetWriter@@@@SA?AV1 at XZ)

1>Delaunay3D.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
"__declspec(dllimport) protected:
__thiscallvtkSmartPointerBase::vtkSmartPointerBase(class vtkObjectBase
*,class vtkSmartPointerBase::NoReferenceconst&)"
(__imp_??0vtkSmartPointerBase@@IAE at PAVvtkObjectBase@@ABVNoReference at 0@@Z)
referenced in function "protected: __thiscallvtkSmartPointer<class
vtkXMLPolyDataReader>::vtkSmartPointer<class vtkXMLPolyDataReader>(class
vtkXMLPolyDataReader *,class vtkSmartPointerBase::NoReferenceconst&)"
(??0?$vtkSmartPointer at VvtkXMLPolyDataReader@@@@IAE at PAVvtkXMLPolyDataReader
@@ABVNoReference at vtkSmartPointerBase@@@Z)

1>C:\Users\Lisa\Desktop\Delaunay\bin\Debug\Delaunay3D.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 8 unresolved externals

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Lisa\Desktop\
 Delaunay\bin\Delaunay3D.dir\Debug\BuildLog.htm"

1>Delaunay3D - 9 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>------ Skipped Build: Project: ALL_BUILD, Configuration: Debug Win32
------

2>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 1 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========

Thanks a lot

Lisa