[vtkusers] Selection to a vtkCharXY

Darshan Pai darshanpai at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 15:35:17 EDT 2012

Hello All,

I need some help with an application I am designing .
I have a 3D brain surface and I have certain surface points on the brain
and I have information about the cortical thickness under each of these
points .

I have made a VTKTable which has all the information about the points as
well as the thickness.
I used the vtkQTTableview to list all the information from the table .
Similarly I use the vtkChartXY and made a bar plot for the cortical
thickness.

What I want is that when I pick any of these points on the brain surface,
which are just (glyph actors), I want to highlight the corresponding field
in the Table view and
also select the bar in the vtkChartXY.

I was successful in connecting the vtkQtTableView. Whenever I pick the
point , I make a vtkSelection and using the
GetAnnotationLink->CurrentSelection , I highlight the field in the View.

The problem is to connect to the vtkChartXY. What I did was create a
vtkAnnotationLink, I set the DomainMap to the vtkTable and specified the
Annotationlink to both the QTTableview and the vtkChartXY.

which means that once I set the CurrentSelection the vtkChartXY should also
update , But it does not happen .
I even tried using the SetSelection() method in the vtkPlot but it still
does not select the bar .

I was hoping if anybody has any example to connect a QTTableView with a
vtkChartXY.

Thanks in advance

Darshan