[vtkusers] Opacity in Points representation

Sergiy Tkachuk serg.tk at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 00:01:43 EDT 2012

David,

When I load file *demoopacity.pvsm *attached, I have the following
output in ParaView 3.12.0:

ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\ParaViewCore\ServerImplementation\vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager.cxx,
line 543

vtkSIProxyDefinitionManager (07DF77F0): No proxy that matches:
group=misc and proxy=ViewLayout were found.

ERROR: In ..\..\..\..\source\ParaViewCore\ServerManager\vtkSMDeserializer.cxx,
line 62

vtkSMStateLoader (08D492C8): Could not create a proxy of group: misc
type: ViewLayout

5000

12.75 0.0 0.0

25.5 0.0 0.0

38.25 0.0 0.0

... // a lot of points follow here

255.0 255.0 255.0

Is it expected output?

Thanks,

Sergiy

15 марта 2012 г. 15:25 пользователь David E DeMarle <
dave.demarle at kitware.com> написал:

> Opacity in surface rendering is generally only controllable at the
> actor level within the GUI.
>
> However, if your data happens to have a 4 component unsigned char
> RGBA, and you tell ParaView to use that array as the color directly,
> you can do it.
>
> The attached state file demonstrates.
>
> David E DeMarle
> Kitware, Inc.
> R&D Engineer
> 21 Corporate Drive
> Clifton Park, NY 12065-8662
> Phone: 518-881-4909
>

> On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 1:47 AM, Sergiy Tkachuk <serg.tk at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to change opacity when I use Points representation with
> > colors based on data?
> > I have it disabled.
> > In fact I want to make points with specific value invisible.
> >
> > I attached screenshot to show what I mean.
> >

> > Thanks,
> > Sergiy

> > Powered by www.kitware.com

> > http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ