[vtkusers] How to cut a hole in polydata?!

Fabian fabian-richter at gmx.de
Thu Mar 15 04:26:57 EDT 2012

Hello advanced vtkusers,

I have some polydata (lets say a plane surface) and would like to cut a
rectangular hole in it.
I have read quite a bit about implicit functions and the vtkCutter; but I
simply don't understand how to use it.

Could You please give me a clue if I am searching in the right direction?
Do You have better ideas how to cut my polydata? (I dont' mean clipping...it
is more like having a wall and cutting a window-opening).

THANKS IN ADVANCED,
Fabian