[vtkusers] Vtk+Qt in Windows7

francesc trull francesctrull at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 19:00:17 EST 2012

Hi everybody,

I am having problems working with Vtk and Qt. My OS is Windows7. My
IDE is MSVS2010. I downloaded the Qt sources (version 4.8.0) and
compiled them with nmake successfully. I used Git to clone the master
repository of Vtk. I used CMake 2.8.7 to prepare the Vtk build and set
the flags VTK_USE_QT, VTK_USE_GUISUPPORT and BUILD_SHARED_LIBS. I set
the QTDIR environment variable and added the qt and vtk bin paths to
the Path environment  variable. I used MSVS2010 to build the solution.
Then I tried some examples. First I compiled RenderWindowUI.cxx
(successfully). But when I tried to execute it I obtained the message:
"QVTK.dll missing" (I don't know the exact words because my OS is not
in english).
After that I compiled PlaneWidget.cxx and got the message
"vtkWidgets.dll missing" when trying to execute it.
I looked at the vtk/bin directory and effectively I have a lot of .dll
files there but not these two.
Does anybody know what I need to do?

Thanks in advance,

Francesc.