[vtkusers] Getting back OpenGL Context after data display/visualization using VTK

Rudra Poudel emailrudra at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 8 11:36:16 EST 2012

Hi All,

- My application has Frame Buffer Object (FBO) for off-screen rendering ( I used GLUT to init OpenGL Context- i.e. trick of invisible GLUT window)

- When I display/visualize data using VTK function/class as obviously it take-over/create-new OpenGL context
- Then I delete all VTK related functions/classes
- Now when I tried to work with FBO it does-not-work/has-invalid-state.

Questions,
1. What is the best/easiest solution to get back OpenGL Context after data display/visualization using VTK?
2. Might be building VTK without OpenGL support- however this looks impossible or ...?

Thank you so much,
Rudra