[vtkusers] how to realize point to point correspondencce between meshes?

peterm madapeti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 04:33:31 EST 2012

Hi

The point number should be the same in each case. The points represent
corresponding locations in each of the sample shapes. The question of how to
generate such representations from segmentation data is a question of
theoretical manner, you should consult the relevant literature for answers.
I don't really have experience with the topic in question, but I could
imagine the following solution: you pick one of your shapes as reference,
provide a set of points on it (e.g. by sampling equidistantly), find
transformations between the reference shape and all the others (ICP, etc.)
and obtain a set of transformed points by applying the transformation to the
point set on the reference image. As a result you would end up with a set of
corresponding locations for each shape that is the input for the SSM.

Peter