[vtkusers] Show slice from vtkPolyData in slice of vtkImageData

johannes.simon johannes.simon at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 14:02:46 EST 2012

Ok, here's my problem:

I have a vtkImageData volume containing a number of slices. These are CT
scans. Only one slice at a time from the vtkImageData is rendered using a
vtkImagePlaneWidget.

The segmentation of one of the organs is stored in a vtkPolyData mesh.

Question: What is the most straight-forward way to extract a slice from this
mesh and render an outline over the corresponding slice in the widget?

Should I cut a slice from the mesh using a vtkCutter? How would I render it
to show the outline on the vtkImageData slice?

Thanks!