[vtkusers] vtkCubeAxesActor FlyMode changed on the fly does not take place until mouse action

Sebastien sebastien.calvi at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 11:32:16 EDT 2012

Hi Aashish,

Inside void vtkCubeAxesActor::BuildAxes(...), at the very end of the method,
there is this:
    this->LastFlyMode = this->FlyMode;

I haven't seen LastFlyMode used anywhere else (beside inside the constructor
for initialization...), I have personally (in my custom class) moved that
line inside void vtkCubeAxesActor::DetermineRenderAxes(...) right here:
    register int i;
    double *orientation = this->Camera->GetOrientationWXYZ();

    for ( i = 0; i < 4; ++i ) {

        if ( fabs( orientation[i] - OrientationWXYZ[i] ) > VTK_DBL_EPSILON )
            break;
    }

    if ( i == 4 *&& ( this->LastFlyMode == this->FlyMode )* )
        return;

*    this->LastFlyMode = this->FlyMode;*

It's an idea... It works for me here.

Good luck! :)