[vtkusers] vtkTransform to transform vtkImageData

Jothybasu Selvaraj jothybasu at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 10:52:39 EDT 2012

Use vtkImageReslice to rotate vtkImageData

This should help you going (though messy)

 //convert angle from degree to radian
    double angleInRads=vtkMath::RadiansFromDegrees(angle);
    double cosAngle=cos(angleInRads);
    double sinAngle =sin(angleInRads);
    qDebug()<<"cos & sin:"<<cosAngle<<sinAngle;

    static double axialElements[16] = {
        1, 0, 0, 0,                                         //1,0,0,0
        0,cosAngle,-sinAngle, 0,            //0,-1,0,0
        0, sinAngle,cosAngle, 0,            //0,0,-1,0
        0, 0, 0, 1 };                                     //0,0,0,1

   // Set the slice orientation
     vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrix4x4> resliceAxes =
       vtkSmartPointer<vtkMatrix4x4>::New();
     resliceAxes->DeepCopy(axialElements);
     // Set the point through which to slice
     resliceAxes->SetElement(0, 3,0);
     resliceAxes->SetElement(1, 3,0);
     resliceAxes->SetElement(2, 3,0);

    vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageReslice> res=
            vtkSmartPointer<vtkImageReslice>::New();
    res->SetInput( imgData);
    res->SetInformationInput( imgData);
    res->SetResliceAxes(resliceAxes);
    res->SetInterpolationModeToLinear();
    res->Update();
    this->rotatedImageData=res->GetOutput();

Jothy

On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 3:48 PM, David Doria <daviddoria at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Jonathan Ruiz Peinado
> <jonathan.ruiz3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi, I need to apply some transformations to a vtkImageData, I though
> that I
> > could use vtkTransform or vtkTransformFilter to setup  the trasnformation
> > put my imageData as input and get the result as the output of
> > vtkTransformFilter, but it's seems not that easy, there's some example
> about
> > it around or something I'm missing.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Can you tell us what isn't working? Compiler errors? Incorrect
> results? Also please show the code you are using in a very simple
> example case.
>
> David

> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ

Jothybasu Selvaraj