[vtkusers] mesh hole filling

Samu gaoxuanhui at foxmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:55:12 EDT 2012

Daniela Castelluccia wrote

> Hi there,
>
> I have a vtk file with a PolyData mesh that is a surface acquired with a
> laser scanner.
> However, this surface has little holes that I would fill by appending a
> similar surface to the hole.
>
> I read in vtkusers Kitware mailing-list that:
> a) vtkFeatureEdges: it only finds the holes
> b) there is a vtkTesselateBoundaryLoops.cxx in a vtkBioeng module
> developed on the web
> c) vtkDelaunay3D: it links closed points
>

> Are there other solutions for mesh hole filling?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> daniela

Hi, did you find out the solution? I meet the same problem, and i have try
all the possible method to deal with it, but the result turns out to be not
good. The edges of the holes on the mesh are so complex. Neither
vtkTesselateBoundaryLoops nor vtkDelaunay3D/2D deals it completely. do you
have any advises?