[vtkusers] vtkVolume vtkActor

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Wed Jun 27 06:53:54 EDT 2012

Hi Antonio,

with bad influence I mean, that as you took an existing example
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/itkVtkImageConvertDICOM
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/ITK/Examples/IO/itkVtkImageConvertDICOM  as the
template for your example all the matrix manipulation etc. may make sense
for the original example, but may make no sense for your data.

In other words you cannot expect everything is working properly taking an
existing example and just feed it with other data.

Btw. the dicom data you gave me don't represent a volume. Reading it with
vtkDICOMImageReader the resulting imageData object bounds are:
    Xmin,Xmax: (0, 249.023)
    Ymin,Ymax: (0, 249.023)
    Zmin,Zmax: (0, 0)

You may allow me an additional consideration: does it make sense at all to
convert a imageData to a vtkPolyData? All you will see is a structured 3D
point grid, with no lines, strips etc...

regards
Jochen