[vtkusers] vtkVolume vtkActor

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Wed Jun 27 05:38:48 EDT 2012

Hi Antonio,

first of all I'm sorry to say I do not have itk installed, so I cannot
compile your example.
Secondly your example is doing much too much.

As far as I understand it, the subject of this thread is how to "convert" a
vtkVolume object to a vtkActor, because your 3rd party dll needs to have a
vtkActor object, right?

But to get one step further now, I would get rid of all the unnecessary
things in your example. Narrow it down as much as you can (remove for
instance the vtkPiecewiseFunction, vtkColorTransferFunction, all matrix
transformations stuff). All this stuff may influence your app in a bad way
(sorry for my bad english).

Then I would check whether itkVtkConverter is working properly. To do that
visualize it with a  vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper. Does this work?

best regards
Jochen