[vtkusers] Insert Label using Unicode

jimmigoo jimmigoo at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 04:57:17 EDT 2012

Hi everybody!

I compiled my code in UNICODE Character Set, while VTK libraries are
compiled in MULTI BYTE Character Set ( because I tried to compile VTK
generating VTK.sln with proper CMake settings on UNICODE support ).
I have to visualize VTK annotations and label text on 3d scenario, but I
cannot view correct unicode string.
I tried to substitute vtkStringArray with vtkUnicodeStringArray, with no
positive results.

In this code portion, I get a wxString ( a 2.9.3 wxWidgets string, similar
to std::wstring ), and I try to convert it into a vtkUnicodeString, to
insert it in a vtkUnicodeStringArray ( stringData ).

for (size_t i = 0, l = GetNumberOfLandmark(); i < l; i++)
  {
   wxString numString = p_point[i]->GetLabel();
         stringData->InsertNextValue(vtkUnicodeString::from_utf16((const
vtkTypeUInt16*)numString.wc_str()));
  }

I tried also to insert this code portion from a VTK.git example, with no
positive result.

stringData->InsertNextValue(vtkUnicodeString::from_utf8("\xce\xb1\xce\xb2\xce\xb3"));

I really appreciate any comments or suggestion about how to solve this
problem.
I'm looking for any reply,
Regards,

jimmigoo