[vtkusers] How to forward mouse move event to polydata algorithm and get there direction of projection

Jana Sefcikova neollie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 02:17:44 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I would like inform my polydata algorithm about change of direction of
projection.
How it could be realised ?

I am attaching my code. As an example of polydata algorithm I inherited
from vtkSphereSource and method that I do not know connect to the rest is
MySphereSource::printDirectionOfProjection.

- One way could be put the vtkInteractorStyleTrackballCamera style ( or
someone else ?) into algorithm as widgets do, but this does not seam to me
very nice.
- Opposite way could be add algorithm's observer to the style such
as vtkCameraObserver in the code. But this method looks like eating the
event -> sphere doesn't rotate anymore and I do not know how to
get GetDirectionOfProjection there . Do you have any idea why ?

What could be correct ?

Thanks in advance
Jana