[vtkusers] Size of a surface

Clemens Müthing clemens.muething at uni-konstanz.de
Mon Jun 18 09:43:47 EDT 2012

Hello everyone,

in the data I am working on there are lots of small spheres. What I am
interested in would be the surface area of this spheres, and I now got the
idea that I could use the marching cubes to extract the surface and then
maybe somehow measure the size of that surface.

My question is if this is possible in some way? Units would'nt be a
problem if e.g. the size is given relative to the size of the whole volume
etc. I should also note that this should be done fully automatic, so I'm
not looking for a solution that would require user input.

Thanks in advance and Greetings

Clemens Müthing