[vtkusers] Best Particle Based file format

Andrew Parker andy.john.parker at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 14 05:31:59 EDT 2012

Hi,

Could I ask for a bit of help.  I'd like to visualise particle based flows.
 My requirements are to be able to write(and read) a  vtk style file that
paraview and read and animate.  I would like the file to have scalar and or
vectors associated with each particle, there to be a relevant time step per
"slot" in the file, and that each time step the particle positions are
updated and hence move.  I would like an animation to show the particles
moving, as a function of the new positions in the file, and not inspecting
a vector field in the file and integrating to determine a new position.

Any help really appreciated,

Cheers again,
Andy