[vtkusers] getting vtkPProbeFilter to use multiple CPU's

Brian Curtis bcurtis3 at masonlive.gmu.edu
Wed Jun 13 10:23:16 EDT 2012

CMakeLists.txt:
===============================
cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)
PROJECT(InterpPoints)
add_executable(InterpPoints InterpPoints.cxx)
set(CMAKE_MODULE_PATH ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}
"${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/Modules/")

find_package(CDF REQUIRED)
include_directories(${CDF_INCLUDE_DIRS})
set(LIBS ${LIBS} ${CDF_LIBRARIES})
target_link_libraries(InterpPoints ${CDF_LIBRARIES})

find_package(VTK REQUIRED)
include(${VTK_USE_FILE})
if(VTK_LIBRARIES)
   target_link_libraries(InterpPoints ${VTK_LIBRARIES})
else()
   target_link_libraries(InterpPoints vtkHybrid )
endif()

#find_package (MPI REQUIRED)
#if (MPI_FOUND)
#  include_directories(${MPI_INCLUDE_DIRS})
#  target_link_libraries(InterpPoints ${MPI_LIBRARIES})
#endif (MPI_FOUND)

if (VTK_USE_MPI)
   include_directories(${VTK_MPI_INCLUDE_DIRS})
   target_link_libraries(InterpPoints ${VTK_MPI_LIBRARIES})
endif()
==================================

Header Files Requested in .cxx file:
#include "vtkPoints.h"
#include "vtkPointData.h"
#include "vtkDoubleArray.h"
#include "vtkStructuredGrid.h"
#include "vtkPolyData.h"
#include "vtkMPIController.h"
#include "vtkPProbeFilter.h"
#include "vtkDataObjectToTable.h"
#include "vtkTable.h"

I've built VTK with VTK_USE_MPI = YES and it finds all libraries fine in
there. I just don't know why my .cxx file does not see the
vtkMPIController.h when it sees (for example) vtkStructuredGrid.h fine.

What might I be doing wrong? I've looked at the .cxx examples that use
vtkMPIController , but they've been no help so far.

Thanks again for your time,
~Brian