[vtkusers] Unhandled exception at the time of Unregistering vtkSmartPointer

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 20:55:02 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 8:22 PM, cel02000 <cel02000 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I used the following.
>
>    vtkPolyData * singlePolyData = vtkPolyData::New();
>    vector< vtkPolyData * > vectorOfPolyData;
>
> Then I store the content of a file by vtkTecplotReader to singlePolyData
> and
> then:
>    vectorOfPolyData.push_back( singlePolyData );
>
> Actually I don't initialize the vector. However, when I try to initialize
> the vector with the following, I get Debug Assertion Fail.
>    vectorOfPolyData[0] = vtkPolyData::New().
>
> Ahmad

As always, short, compilable example code goes a long way!

#include <vtkSmartPointer.h>
#include <vtkPolyData.h>

#include <vector>

int main()
{
  vtkPolyData * singlePolyData = vtkPolyData::New();
  std::vector< vtkPolyData * > vectorOfPolyData;
  vectorOfPolyData.push_back( singlePolyData );
  vectorOfPolyData[0]->Delete();

  return 0;
}

That compiles and runs fine, and DebugLeaks is quiet for me. Please create
a similarly long and fully compilable example of your problem if you are
still having one.

David