[vtkusers] hedgehog error...

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:21:40 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Luke Hetrick <lhetrick at nnu.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I am fairly new to VTK and am going through the Visualizing Toolkit
> 4th edition text and am hitting a problem in one of the examples. When I go
> to make the pipeline to connect the data with the hedgehog function, I do
> not know what command to use. In the example, they use
> HedgeHog->SetInputData(SGrid), where HedgeHog and Grid are classes definded
> by the user, but HedgeHog does not have a member called SetInputData...I
> have check the doxygen page and in my vtkpython wrapping. Does anyone know
> how to connect this pipeline then? Here is the code I have written for
> it...the line of interest lies one paragraph after the end of the nested
> for loops. Please no laughing at my code, I am also new to C++ object
> oriented programming as well.

Are you looking at this page:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkHedgeHog.html
?
If you click "List of all members", it will bring you to this page:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/classvtkHedgeHog-members.html

which has the function you're looking for. (They are functions of a parent
class).

Please see this example:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Visualization/HedgeHog

The VTK6 way to do it is SetInputData, and the VTK5 way to do it is just
SetInput. Both are demonstrated.

Also note the use of vtkSmartPointer - this will let you avoid the giant
list of Delete() calls at the end of the program.

Good luck,

David