[vtkusers] about the vtkGPUVolumeRayCastMapper

Jochen K. jochen.kling at email.de
Mon Jun 11 12:23:16 EDT 2012

Hi Samu,

the dxgi.dll (stands for DirectX Graphics Interface) is only intended to be
used on Vista and Windows 7. So my guess is there went something wrong
installing the DirectX SDK for XP (because dxgi.dll is requested, but should
not on XP).
First remove the manualy copied dxgi.dll (makes no sense on XP)
and then I would install DirectX SDK June 2010:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6812

because the February version has some known issues.

I would recommend removing the old SDK before reinstalling the new June 2010
release and ensure you have SP 2 installed.

Hope this helps.

with kind regards
Jochen