[vtkusers] vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter to add spatial constraints to KMeans output

Sara Rolfe smrolfe at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 11 00:25:10 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am using vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter to separate spatially
disconnected kmeans regions.  The kmeans cluster numbers are in the
"Scalers" array of the polydata.  If I understand correctly, my code
should give each of the connected regions sharing a kmeans cluster
number a unique region id.  However, my polydata with 95670 points and
7 kmeans clusters produces 39930 connected regions.  The kmeans output
does not appear to be noisy, so I don't think this could be right.  My
code to set up the filter is is below and I would appreciate any
comments.

Or, is there a better way to accomplish this task?

Thanks for your advice,
Sara

	vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter> connectivityFilter =
vtkSmartPointer<vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter>::New();
	connectivityFilter->SetInputConnection(labelReader->GetOutputPort());
	connectivityFilter->SetExtractionModeToAllRegions();
	connectivityFilter->ScalarConnectivityOn();
	connectivityFilter->ColorRegionsOn();
	connectivityFilter->Update();