[vtkusers] Cross-section of vessels

matheus_viana vianamp at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 14:46:17 EDT 2012

Hi guys.

I'm writing a code for virtual displacement along vessels skeletons. In
addition, the code must be able to extract the vessel cross-section along
each point of the skeleton and export as an image for post-processing. The
code is actually running well, with exception of that each cross-section is
assuming a random orientation around the normal vector.

I know that is is due to the method I'm using to calculate the perpendicular
vectors.

Does anyone have an alternative method or any idea to overcome this problem.
Is there any vtk tool for that?

Many thanks,
Matheus