[vtkusers] Visualise all point arrays of polydata - problem with setting and changing active scalar

Jana Sefcikova neollie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 19:11:35 EDT 2012

Hi all,
I created sphere polydata having multiple point data arrays (6).
I would like to visualise all arrays - six colored spheres next to each
other  with own mappers and actors.

But I do not know how to realise setting of active scalar.
If I will use s.t like this  mySphere->GetPointData()->SetActiveScalars(
"array1");  i will preset it for all other mappers.
Is there some way how to set it correctly without duplicating spheres six
times and passing appropriate array into it ? Or is this way correct ?

I also tried mapper method

>  mapperLights->SetInput(sphere);
>  mapper->SetInputArrayToProcess(0, 0, 0, vtkDataObject::
FIELD_ASSOCIATION_POINTS,"array1");
but I am not sure how to set first three arguments. What is idx?, why I
should again specify connection id and port .

Thanks in advance.
Jana