[vtkusers] Visualization of time-series of 3D Volumes stored in .vtk files

Metty MH1987 at web.de
Mon Jun 4 08:13:10 EDT 2012

Hey,

iam new to vtk and work on a program, to visualize 3D Volumes over time!
The image data is stored in serveral *.vtk files, so each file is one
time-step. At this moment, my program can read and display one single vtk
file. I use ITK to read the data, then export it to vtk, and use the
smartVolumeMapper and renderer/renderWindow.
Now, i first try to load the several files step by step in the pipeline, but
it seems to be too slow. 3-4Sec for each volume.
Next, i try to use the time-support of vtk. I try to load the data in a
vtkTemporalDataSet, but it doesnt work.
On paraview i see, it works quiet good with the vtkFileSeriesReader, but i
cant link this class to my program, cause there are too many dependencies.
Have somebody any hint for me to solve this problem? At this moment, i have
no more idea...

Matthias