[vtkusers] updating points in vtkUnstructuredGrid

Gregory Propf gregorypropf at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 1 04:10:09 EDT 2012

Can someone tell me how to get the actor for an vtkUnstructuredGrid to actually update (I'm doing an animation) when I change the underlying points with Python code like:

pts = self.aPolyLineGrid.GetPoints()
        for i in range(len(self.elementList)):
            pts.SetPoint(i,self.elementList[i].loc.toTuple())

I follow this with self.aPolyLineGrid.Update() but nothing changes on screen though I've verified that the points list is changing.  Oddly, when I use self.edgeActor.SetPosition(self.centerOfMass.x,self.centerOfMass.y,self.centerOfMass.z)