[vtkusers] I have a fairly large Qt Project, and I am currently trying to integrate PCL/VTK code into it, how do I go about doing this?

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:35:38 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 3:32 PM, maplesyrup23 <andrew.louis93 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So in order to integrate this into my project, I will have to compile it all
> it CMake? Is this correct? Or would I just be compiling the file/class I
> will be using that uses QVTKWidget?

You should build everything with CMake, it will save you plenty of headaches.

> And are there any resources to walk me through making a custom CMakeLists
> file should I have to build the rest of my project using CMake?

Every VTK example has an associated CMakeLists.txt:
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx

and you can find information about using PCL with CMake here:
http://pointclouds.org/documentation/tutorials/using_pcl_pcl_config.php#using-pcl-pcl-config

David