[vtkusers] vtkRenderWindowInteractor and custom event loop

Martin martin.saelzle at gmx.net
Sun Jul 29 21:49:52 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am currently working on PCL as a developer. I am using Mac OS X and I have troubles setting up the visualization module. The problem might be related to VTK so I'm posting it here.

Everything compiles fine but I get "invalid drawable" errors. As a first step to pin down the problem I created a short example (attached). It seems that the vtkRenderWindowInteractor behaves differently on mac and linux (I didn't test windows).

The "invalid drawable" error is related to vtkRenderWindowInteractor::TerminateApp which is used in PCL.

I wanted to ask if someone could give me a short example of how to implement an own event loop (if possible platform independent):

  // Start the event loop. This is provided so that you do not have to
  // implement your own event loop. You still can use your own
  // event loop if you want. Initialize should be called before Start.
  virtual void Start() {}

This could circumvent the need to call these methods.

My system:

Mac OS X 10.6.8:
macports:
vtk5 @5.10.0_0+python27+qt4_mac