[vtkusers] simple QVTKWidget resize issue

Larry Kellogg lkellogg19 at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 02:55:28 EDT 2012

Hi Everyone,
I'm having a simple problem, but I can't find a solution.
In my application when I shrink the window vertically, vtk automatically scales the view so that everything remains centered as it was.  But when I shrink the window horizontally, nothing is resized and the model which used to be centered nicely is now cut off on the sides.

Is there a way to get QVTKWidget or a render window to resize the display when the window is resized in both the vertical and horizontal directions.  If VTK doesn't have a way to do this, does anybody have any good suggestions on how I could implement this myself?
Thanks,
Larry