[vtkusers] How to store a binary image skeleton as a tree or graph?

Roman Grothausmann roman.grothausmann at helmholtz-berlin.de
Fri Jul 27 05:19:24 EDT 2012

Dear Matheus,

Thanks for looking into this. I'm not sure though what You mean.
My idea is to have every voxel belonging to the skeleton to be
represented by a node in the graph/tree. It seems to me the terminology
is not always consistent. As the AnalyzeSkeleton imagej plug-in cuts
open loops and definitely results in a tree, I use the terminology from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_data_structure
So, I would want a graph/tree that also contains nodes with only one
child, not only the nodes with at least 2 children, i.e. branching
nodes. The graph/tree should store all information that would be
necessary to rebuild the voxel skeleton image.

Thanks again for looking into this.
Roman

On 26.07.2012 23:47, matheus_viana wrote:
> Dear Roman,
>
> Are you interested on store all the way between two nodes? Or only the
> position of nodes and the connection among them?
>
> Cheers
> Matheus
>

> --

Roman Grothausmann

Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH
Bereich Funktionale Materialien
Institut für angewandte Materialforschung
Hahn-Meitner-Platz 1
D-14109 Berlin

(früher Hahn-Meitner-Institut und BESSY)

Tel.: +49-(0)30-8062-42816
Fax.: +49-(0)30-8062-43059

Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Joachim Treusch
Stellvertretende Vorsitzende: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Geschäftsführer: Prof. Dr. Anke Rita Kaysser-Pyzalla, Dr. Ulrich Breuer
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Berlin
Handelsregister: AG Charlottenburg, 89 HRB 5583