[vtkusers] Closed Loop/Spline - Area

Jerome Velut jerome.velut at kitware.com
Fri Jul 27 04:40:55 EDT 2012

Hi Jean-Hugues,

The vtkMassProperties filter effectively computes features from a
triangle mesh. If your closed splines are lying on a single plane, you
have better chance to write your own filter that will compute the area
of a polygon, as you hopefully have an ordered set of points that
defines this polygon.

Best regards,
Jerome