[vtkusers] How to store a binary image skeleton as a tree or graph?

Roman Grothausmann roman.grothausmann at helmholtz-berlin.de
Fri Jul 27 04:16:48 EDT 2012

Dear Jeff,

Many thanks for Your reply. You have given me some nice tips, I'll look
into. So far I thought only ITK offers an iterator with a neighborhood,
but I did not know about boost's dfs/bfs traversal algorithms.
The AnalyzeSkeleton imagej plug-in cuts open loops and definitely
results in a tree, but I'd be happy if I got the skeleton into a graph.
Because of possible loops in graphs, I thought that directly starting
with a tree might be easier. Let's see how far I get with Your tips.

Many thanks again for looking into this.
Roman