[vtkusers] VTK hexahedronal unstructured grid

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Jul 24 09:14:02 EDT 2012

In ParaView (3.14.1), the information tab shows the number of points
and cells. The Spreadsheet view will show you every point and every
cell. I say 3.14.1 because it's spreadsheet view shows the point ids
for every cell.

Also, post the code and data for the example where you make two cells.
If the code you post isn't the same as the code you use, it makes it
kind of hard to figure out what is wrong with the code you use,
because we haven't seen it.

>From the snippet you did post, there isn't a cell loop. You are only
making one cell.

Also in that I suspect you have the same problem as before. You are
telling that cell that it consists of points 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. If you
are making a another cell somewhere and you use that same j=0..8 loop,
the two cells will cover the same space.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
21 Corporate Drive