[vtkusers] Comma as decimal delimiter for float under German Suse Linux

Ferran Poveda ferran.poveda at uab.cat
Thu Jul 19 04:59:27 EDT 2012

Hi there!

I just got almost the same problem you mentioned in your post. I'm working
with an Spanish keyboard on Ubuntu though.
You must have a workaround (it's been a few months since your question to
the list), but for those who come in the future this could be useful:

For me, the solution has been to force the locale to the default English
distribution in the terminal before the execution of my VTK program.
You can do that (for example) on a very simple bash script to launch your
program:

#!/bin/bash
export LC_ALL=C
/launch/your/app/here

Good luck! :)

*Ferran Poveda*
PhD student @

DCC Departament de Ciències de la Computació (UAB) [dcc.uab.es]

IAM Interactive and Augmented Modelling Group (CVC) [iam.cvc.uab.es]