[vtkusers] error while compiling PWServer with cmake-gui

Christian Wilde wildechr at TU-Cottbus.De
Fri Jul 13 14:12:10 EDT 2012

Dear users,

I tried to install the ParaViewWeb but there is an error explaned below.

I use an Linux Ubuntu 12.04 PC and installed all available updates.
I have downloaded the ParaViewWeb source files with: git clone
git://paraview.org/ParaViewWeb.git, as it is explained on:
http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaViewWeb_Building

Before that I have installed all mandatories like AdobeFLEX, ActiveMQ,
ApacheTomcat. ParaView is built, too and works fine.

The first step to build PWServer is to set up the variables used by
cmake. To do this I opened the cmake gui, pressed configure and filled
in the necessary values. Then I pressed configure again and generated
the files.
The next step was to do make in the Build directory. After a couple of
time I got the following error message:

[ 96%] Building CXX object ParaViewAdapter/CMakeFiles/PWServer.dir/md5.cpp.o
Linking CXX executable PWServer
[ 96%] Built target PWServer
[100%] Building CXX object
ParaViewAdapter/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/OffScreenRendering.dir/TestOffscreenRendering.cxx.o
/home/winston/HiWi_Medientechnik/ParaViewWeb/ParaViewWeb_SRC/ParaViewAdapter/Testing/Cxx/TestOffscreenRendering.cxx:10:25: schwerwiegender Fehler: vtkstd/string: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden
Kompilierung beendet.
make[2]: ***
[ParaViewAdapter/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/OffScreenRendering.dir/TestOffscreenRendering.cxx.o] Fehler
1
make[1]: ***
[ParaViewAdapter/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/OffScreenRendering.dir/all]
Fehler 2
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

I use a german version of Ubuntu, so I get the output in german. But
let me translate this error message:
/home/winston/HiWi_Medientechnik/ParaViewWeb/ParaViewWeb_SRC/ParaViewAdapter/Testing/Cxx/TestOffscreenRendering.cxx:10:25: critical error: vtkstd/string: no file or
directory.

I searched the internet to find a solution but I could not find
something which is relevant to me.

Does anybody have an idea, what is wrong here?

Let me know if you need more information, I would send it immediately.

Thank a lot for your help.

Cheers, Chris