[vtkusers] Using VTK through mex (MATLAB) on 64 bit Mac OSX 10.7

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jul 12 10:17:10 EDT 2012

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012 17:47:48 -0700, Kevlon said:

>I am having trouble with a mex file that uses VTK, I seem to be pointing to
>invalid memory when i am using vtkSmoothPolyDataFilter.

What kind of 'trouble'?  Are you crashing?  Can you show us a backtrace?  Why do you suspect 'pointing to invalid memory'?  If that's the problem, have you tried memory debugging tools like valgrind, guard malloc, or MallocScribble?  Also, VTK 5.4 is quite old, many bugs have been fixed since then, have you tried 5.10?

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com