[vtkusers] Real-time Applications / dynamic data visualization

Benjamin Jähn jaminus_jahnatos at freenet.de
Tue Jul 10 13:00:57 EDT 2012

hi all,
is it somehow possible to display sensor data as it is received?
I want to display point-clouds of a laser sensor in real-time during the
sensor records the data.
I know how to visualize one dataset of the sensor, but I want to
visualize them in sequences in real-time.
As far as I know I can just read temporal data from files and not from
another process generating sequences of data.

The problem I have is once I have stated the rendering loop from the
vtkRenderWindowInteractor I can not change the input data or at least I
don't know how.

Thanks in advance.
Benjamin Jähn