[vtkusers] GLSL in VTK (vtkVolumeProperty Problem)

amir k. kacakici at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 6 10:37:09 EDT 2012

Hello,

I am trying to use GLSL in my VTK program. I stumbled across numerous
questions regarding GLSL, but  poorly answered. This one does help me to get
a start :

http://vtk.1045678.n5.nabble.com/Direct-use-GLSL-in-VTK-I-had-can-loadExtention-But-could-not-see-anything-td1230742.html

I reckon that it is easier to define GLSL as a material rather than using it
directly in the VTK program. However I am having a problem now with my
pipeline as the method explained is using vtkProperty instead of
vtkVolumeProperty.

My questions is, is there a way to convert vtkVolumeProperty to
VolumeProperty? some sort of intermediary in my pipeline.

thank you.

amir