[vtkusers] refinement of iso surface

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 19:20:32 EDT 2012

VTK does not have an adaptive isosurface algorithm. You can increase the
dimensions of your sampling and then apply one of several decimation
algorithms to reduce the polygons. The decimation algorithms will keep more
polygons in areas with more detail.

see for example:
http://vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/Meshes/Decimation
and