[vtkusers] how to display a serie of XA multiframe images

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 12:35:38 EDT 2012

A trick that I've used for multi-frame images in VTK is to read them
separately, and then combine them into a single image with
vtkImageAppendComponents.  The result is a multi-component image
where each component represents a different frame.  When these
multi-component images are displayed, you can control which component
is displayed by calling SetVectorComponent(i) on the lookup table that
you are using for the images.

In other words, the multi-frame image is multiplexed into a multi-
component image.  Dealing with multi-component images in VTK is
fairly straightforward.

 - David