[vtkusers] refinement of iso surface

Dale "Luke" Peterson hazelnusse at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 19:19:32 EDT 2012

I'm using vtkContourFilter to generate an iso surface of a function of
three variables.  I am currently using a 50x50x50 mesh, which works
fine for some parts of the isosurface but not for others.  Does VTK
have a way to refine the mesh of an isosurface?  The function I'm
looking at has a reasonably tractable gradient and hessian, that I can
compute in analytic form, in case that is helpful.  Attached is an
example of one region of the surface which is suffering from the
uniform mesh.

Thanks,
Luke

--
“People call me a perfectionist, but I'm not. I'm a rightist. I do
something until it's right, and then I move on to the next thing.”